America’s top marine warned that deployments to the US-Mexico border and President Donald Trump’s plan for a wall pose an “unacceptable risk” to the force, according to documents revealed Thursday by The Los Angeles Times. In memos addressed to acting Pentagon chief Patrick Shanahan and Navy secretary Richard Spencer, General Robert Neller wrote that he had been forced to cancel or reduce exercises in five countries. Marines will miss exercises in Indonesia, Scotland and Mongolia, and their participation in joint exercises in Australia and South Korea will be reduced, Neller said in the documents dated March 18 and 19.
Quoted from Marines commandant protests US border deployments, wall on Yahoo News – Latest News & Headlines
A Marine Corps spokesman confirmed the validity of the documents published by the LA Times. Neller said Trump’s emergency declaration to secure $6.7 billion from the Pentagon’s 2019 budget for his wall meant the corps A Marine Corps spokesman confirmed the validity of the documents published by the LA Times. Neller said Trump's emergency declaration to secure $6.7 billion from the Pentagon's 2019 budget for his wall meant the corps "The hurricane season is only 3 months away and we have , Sailors, and civilians working in promised structures," Neller wrote. Tags: marines, commandant, protests, border, mandant directs Marines on how mandant directs on how to prepare for coronavir. Philip Athey , Military Times • March 18, 2020. The top Marine sent a letter to all Marine manders and senior enlisted in the Corps directing The mandant described the current stat of the pandemic as the “movement to contact” phase, where should be preparing to take on the challenges that the coronavir will pose to them.