What is VUDU? It’s not voodoo!
VUDU delivers what no one else does—instant access to approximately 5,000movies (more than two typical video stores’ worth)—from blockbusters to independent films, with more added every week. (source: vudu.com)
All you need for VUDU is a TV and a broadband Internet connection.
The VUDU Set-Top Box includes a big hard drive and uses peer-to-peer networking to make the content available. (IPTV via P2P)
The VUDU box itself is not wireless, but you can plug the box into any number of Ethernet or game adapters to connect it to your wireless network.
VUDU delivers movies instantly over the Internet directly to your TV. The System employs a unique distributed network model and pre-positions content across the network. VUDU caches previews and meta-data on each box to create a seamless and instant viewing experience.
The specs of the box:
- Networking Requirements: High-speed broadband Internet connection, 3 Mbps advertised (2.0 actual) or 1.5 Mbps advertised (.85 actual)
- Audio Outputs: HDMI v 1.1, Digital Optical, Digital Coax, RCA
- Audio Format: Source: Dolby® Digital Plus, Out: Dolby Digital 5.1
(Dolby Digital Plus is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories.)
- Video Outputs: HDMI v 1.1, Component, S-Video, Composite
(HDMI is a trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC)
- Video Resolution: 1080p/24, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i
- TV Compatibility: High-definition (recommended), Enhanced definition, Standard definition
- Connectivity:Ethernet, 2 USB Ports
For more details and pricing visit VUDU.COM